Manages the LRV Operation in real time to deliver a safe and consistent service.
· Coordination of all OCC and online staff
· Strategic response to incidents and liaison with on-site staff
· Management of system power supply and of isolation and permit-to-work procedures
· Production of daily Operations Report and performance data
· Participate in Operations staff selection, training and assessment
· Line manager for OCC staff
Position Skills and Capabilities
· Good people skills but understands the need to deliver an outstanding service and ensures that it is the main priority
· Good problem solving skills under pressure - remains calm and objective
· Is an excellent communicator both written and verbal, including via radio.
· Can follow procedures meticulously and keep accurate records
· Capability of technical diagnosis – analysis, diagnosis and application.
· Evidence of technical awareness and application.
· Preferred: Qualification in a numerate discipline beyond school level.
· Essential: Has previous experience of working in high-pressure and rapidly evolving situations
· Essential: Has previous management or supervisory experience.
Certification and courses