ABOUT THE POSITION
Provides strategic direction to the operating company and oversees the deployment of resources to meet the Songjiang tramway line objectives; takes overall responsibility for operational and technical safety; ensures compliance with the contract and has full profit/ loss responsibility for the company.
· Demonstrates leadership and commitment to high standards of safety, customer service and operational performance. Ensures that all employees are aware of and contribute to the achievement of company objectives
· Select and manage the line senior management team and create an environment in which they can work effectively
· Responsible for line financial performance – budget setting, monitoring and taking corrective actions as necessary to ensure objectives are met
· Ensures that line remains sensitive to key stakeholders and so becomes and remains a known and respected contributor to the growth and prosperity of the Songjiang region.
Position Skills and Capabilities
· Developing a business from start-up with the aim of engaging and delivering to passengers, local partners and shareholders
· Able to manage self and others during challenging organisational and operational situations
· Has proven leadership and people management skills
· Has evidence of safety management accountability.
· Managing contracts within the public transport sector in a customer-orientated environment.
· Essential Qualifications: Degree level or equivalent with evidence of continued professional development
· Membership of one of the appropriate professional institutions.
· Essential: Substantial general management experience, ideally in the rail transport sector, including profit/ loss responsibility and accountability for safety and performance.