ABOUT THE POSITION
Manages the interface with the maintenance function, supervises outsourced maintenance and other outsourced activities
· Acts as professional head of maintenance for tramway lines
· Manages key sub-contracts, and supports other senior managers in managing sub-contracted activities within their scope
· Demonstrates high standards of leadership and integrity in technical and commercial matters
· Takes safety responsibility for all maintenance activities. Ensures compliance with safety requirements.
· Responsible for approving maintenance methods from the Maintenance Contractor, engineering work schedules and controlling track access for the maintenance staff
· Member of the senior management group.
Position Skills and Capabilities
· Management of maintenance activities through sub-contracting
· Proven track record in planning and managing new activities
· Proven experience of financial control, contract management, performance monitoring, interpersonal and communications skills.
· Comprehensive appreciation of the legislation, regulations and standards relevant to light rail operations.
· Essential Qualifications Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Preferred: CP Eng/ Professional Engineer.
· Essential: At least five years’ experience in management of a rail industry maintenance organisation
· Preferable: experience on both direct management and subcontract management.
Certification and courses