Created in June 2014, Shanghai Keolis Public Transport Operation Management Co. (Shanghai Keolis) is a joint venture between Shanghai Shentong Metro Group and the Keolis Group.
Shanghai Keolis combines the Keolis Group's international experience operating all modes of transportation with the Shanghai Shentong Metro Group's rich experience on the whole life cycle of the metro system and its unique knowledge of the Chinese market.
With key references in urban and regional networks in Asia and around the world, the Shanghai Keolis team brings its one-of-a-kind understanding of operating world-class systems in trams, metros (including driverless metros), commuter services, inter-city trains, and other transportation modes.
Why are we different ?
- We ensure the safety, quality and cost-efficiency or our services through continous imporvement
- We continuously observe passenger behaviour to undersstand how passenger needs are evolving and provide solutions to meet those needs
- We partner with public transport authorities to meet their expectations for quality, delivery and budget
- We make public transportation central to the life of the communities we serve by making it more accessible, easy and friendly for everyone
What do we bring ?
- Locally sourced teams
- Globally sourced specialists with expertise adapted to local environments
- Local teams trained to international standards
- Value for Money
- Integrated multimodal transport networks
- Efficient interchange hubs
- Clear, accessible passenger information
- Optimised timetabling
- Integrated ticketing system
Working with transport authorities
By partnering with local authorities, we address passenger transport issues including:
- Network redesign to increase ridership
- Extensions and new systems (metro, train, tram, etc.)
- Integration of different transport modes to optimise interconnections
o Upgrades to infrastructure and technology
o Integration of the public transport system into the city
- We integrate operational excellence at each step of the project:
o Design and construction
- Safety for passengers and employees
- Environmental protection
- Processes based on strict international standards