ABOUT THE POSITION
Lead and direct the organisation to deliver a safe, reliable, punctual and economical service through the effective management of operational and people resources.
· Leads the service delivery activity and staff
· Takes accountability for compliance with all operating and safety rules
· Selects and manages the training and development of the senior operational team
· Collates and presents management information for the Operations department
· Takes responsibility for monitoring and compliance with the Operations budget
· Member of the senior management group.
Position Skills & Capabilities
· Proven and successful experience in resources management
· Proven ability of situational analysis and problem solving
· Experienced and competent decision-maker as well as performing within a team environment.
· Highly qualified in rail operations, ideally in light rail.
· Essential Qualifications: Degree educated
· Preferred: Engineering or Management-related Discipline.
· Essential: Management of an operational team with significant safety and financial responsibility in a rail transport environment.